Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cosmo's Factory - Creedence Clearwater Revival


Released in 1970 this was CCR's 5th studio album. The name of the album comes from the warehouse in Berkeley where the band rehearsed. Bandleader John Fogerty was so insistent on practicing (nearly every day) that drummer Doug "Cosmo" Clifford began referring to the place as "the factory". 

The first CCR song I remember hearing is Up Around The Bend in the '80's. This album would have to be one of their best with hits like - Travelin' Band, Lookin' Out My Back Door, Run Through The Jungle, Up Around The Bend, Who'll Stop The Rain and my favorite Long As I Can See The Light. 

I saw John Fogerty live at The Adelaide Entertainment Centre 17 November 2005 - he was bloody brilliant - what a rocker! 


No comments:

Post a Comment