Monday, February 28, 2011

Imaginary Kingdom - Tim Finn


Released in 2006 this is Finn's seventh solo album and my favorite. Lot's of great songs - Couldn't Be Done, Still The Song, Horizon, Dead Flowers and Salt To The Sea. We all know I'm a huge Tim Finn fan but this truly is a great album and well worth a listen. 

I have seen Tim live many times - the best was at The Governer Hindmarsh (a small pub) what an atmosphere to see one of your favorite artists in. 

When we were in New Zealand last year I insisted we visit the small town of TeAwamutu where the Finn brothers were born and grew up. The town information centre sells a booklet with map of all the significant sites relating to the Finns. I'm pretty sure nothing else major has happened in TeAwamutu since :p


No comments:

Post a Comment