Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Solitude Standing - Suzanne Vega


Released in 1987 this was Vega's second album. Her 2 most famous songs are off this album - Tom's Diner and Luka. 

I was surprised to read that Vega has 9 studio albums because I only know Solitude Standing - so I think I need to get onto Amazon and see if any of the others are as good as this one. 

Useless bit of trivia - Tom's Diner takes place in Tom's Restaurant at 112th Street and Broadway in New York City. Exterior shots of the same restaurant appear in the television sitcom Seinfeld as Monk's, which is the eatery where Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer hang out.


1 comment:

  1. Went to see her live in December and the songs still sounded great. The Guitarist was a bit overpowering for her music at times but still worth seeing. I have thew first 2 albums, Solitude Standing & Suzanne Vega but I am sure I would like others too

    ReplyDelete