Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel



Released in 1970 this album runs for a whole 34 minutes – isn’t it funny how short songs were in the “olden days”. Packed full of hits – Bye Bye Love, The Boxer, Keep The Customer Satisfied, Cecilia and of course Bridge Over Troubled Water. This was the last album they recorded together before their break up in 1970.

I was looking at their discography and find it hard to believe they actually only released 5 albums:
1964       Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M.
1966       Sounds of Silence
1966       Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
1968       Bookends
1970       Bridge over Troubled Water

I never imagined I would ever see these two musicians perform live but on the 30 June 2009 at The Adelaide Entertainment Centre I sat in the second row. What an experience – definitely top 5 concerts of all time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment