Monday, January 17, 2011

Waking Up The Neighbours - Bryan Adams


Released in 1991 this album has sold over 15 million copies making it Adams biggest selling album. (Everything I Do) I Do It for You was number one on the British charts for a record-breaking sixteen weeks. Other great songs on this album – Can’t Stop This Thing We Started, Thought I’d Died and Gone To Heaven and There Will Never Be Another Tonight.

This album has had much airtime in my house over the past 20 years and it’s hard to believe it’s 20 years!!! This was one of the first 10 cd’s I purchased so will always hold fond memories.

I saw Adams on the 15 February 1992 at The Adelaide Entertainment Centre. Even though I was up in the cheap seats this man rocked that stadium. In fact I don’t know anyone who has stayed on a played as long as he did that night. When he ran out of his own songs he started singing covers and the audience went wild. One great entertainer worth every penny – would see him again in a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment