Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Beginning - Tracy Chapman


Released in 1995 this is Chapman's biggest selling album. I'm surprised it's taken me 25 days to get to a Chapman album because she is one of my favorite artists and I own all 8 of her albums. The biggest hit was Give Me One Reason but my favorites are Smoke and Ashes, At This Point In My Life, Tell It Like It Is and The Promise.

I saw Chapman perform live at The Adelaide Festival Theatre in the mid '90's and I can't wait to see her again. Her voice is just something else and her concert an absolute treat.

Love the chorus of At This Point In My Life:
At this point in my life
I've done so many things wrong I don't know if I can do right
If you put your trust in me I hope I won't let you down
If you give me a chance I'll try



No comments:

Post a Comment