Monday, January 3, 2011

Let it Be - The Beatles


Released in 1970 their final studio album, 2 years before I was born and yet I could listen to this CD everyday – The Beatles at there best! Songs included are Let It Be, The Long and Winding Road, I’ve Got a Feeling, For You Blue and some of my all time favorite songs – Two of Us, Across the Universe and Get Back. Get Back was the last song the Beatles played at their final gig on the roof of the Apple Records building on 30 January 1970.

I am definitely a “Beatles are better than Stones” girl. Not that I dislike The Stones maybe it’s just the fact I know I will never get the chance to see these four brilliant musicians perform live together. Don had the honor of seeing The Beatles perform live at The Adelaide Wayville Showgrounds in 1964. I often ask him about it and he tells me “It was no big deal – lots of screaming girls” somehow I think he went for the screaming girls rather than THE BEATLES!!!

I was lucky enough though to see Paul McCartney at the Adelaide Oval on 13 March 1993. It is a concert I will never forget. He sang 33 songs that night – I only know because they recorded a live CD that night “Bowled Over – Paul McCartney Live at Adelaide Oval” and no I don’t own it but definitely think it is something I should add to my collection J


2 comments:

  1. Great choice....have to agree...Beatles better than Stones. Only Beatles CD in my collection is the album 1....All their singles...My favorite...Hey Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Let It Be. Farrell sings it all the time while playing his guitar so have really had lots of exposure lately.

    ReplyDelete