Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yourself or Someone Like You – Matchbox 20


Released in1996 this album has sold more than 15 million copies world wide to date. Listening to it today for the first time in years I had forgotten just how many hits are on this CD. Real World, Long Day, 3 am and Push to name a few.

In May 2005, New York resident Frank Torres, whose photo is on the cover of the album, sued Matchbox 20, claiming that the band had never sought his consent to use his photo on the album's cover. In the litigation, Torres claimed the photo was taken as he was walking down the street after being asked to pose. He also claimed the photo had caused him mental anguish. Torres justified the delay in suing Matchbox 20 by claiming he had only seen the album photo within the last two years.

One of my favorite lyrics is from 3 am “she thinks that happiness is the mat that sits on her doorway”. I always smile when I hear that line.

I haven’t seen Matchbox 20 live but they are definitely on my wish list.


2 comments:

  1. My fav Matchbox Twenty...bought it in Glenelg when I came to visit Lieselle in 2001...always reminds of that holiday....lekker feel good feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok listened to How Far We've Come. Started off pretty funky but not something that grabbed me. Maybe another song.

    ReplyDelete