Sunday, January 2, 2011

Temple of Low Men - Crowded House


Temple of Low Men was released in 1988. The first Crowded House song I ever heard was Better be Home Soon and I fell in love with it instantly. So much so that in 1991 when I bought my first boom box and handful of CD's one of them was this gem. One day I tortured my mother by deciding to play Better be Home Soon on repeat for a full day. Needless to say I drove her insane but somehow I didn't manage to ruin my love for this song. The album also includes other great classics like Into Temptation and When you Come. It's hard to believe none of these songs reached number one on the Australian charts.

Moving to Australia in 1990 gave me a whole new appreciation for the "Finn" legend. I never knew there was a Tim Finn and a group named Split Enz. Then there is the whole Crowded House with Paul Hester, post Paul Hester, with Tim Finn, without Tim Finn thing. At least there are 2 constants – Neil Finn and Nick Seymour. It's crazy but I am passionate about these two brothers music they are true legends in my eyes.

I have seen many combinations of The Finn brothers performing but as Crowded House I saw them play at The Adelaide Entertainment Centre on the "Time on Earth Tour" on 13 November 2007. Anything involving a Finn brother is always a great show. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes without a doubt true legends....love them both...Neil & Tim. My all time favourite band....Listening to Crowded House always brings back such good memories for me!! Good choice Chantel. Suprisingly I actually don't have this CD...will have to add my list.

    ReplyDelete