Tuesday, January 4, 2011

O - Damien Rice


O - Damien Rice released in 2002. This album includes some beautiful songs like Delicate, Volcano, The Blower's Daughter and my absolute favorite Cannonball.

The first Damien Rice song I heard was The Blower's Daughter and it wasn't Damien's version. It was on that show you either love or hate - Australian Idol. In 2007 there was a young boy named Matt Corby on the show and on acoustic night he introduced me to The Blower's Daughter. I loved it, and made it my mission to hear the original. Lucky for me a friend I worked with Tom owned the CD and on our next audit trip he played it in the car for me. I had to buy it - what a great album. 

Damien Rice played at the Thebarton Theatre in Adelaide on 17 February 2007. Unfortunately I had no idea who he was at that time and didn't even know he was in town :( Hopefully he will be back one day.

3 comments:

  1. ok now i've got to find this song just to hear it! Never heard it, or at least i don't think I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it and I have to admit - Wow! Another definite for my collection. It's not mindblowing but it definitely has its place in a collection for those quiet reflective days.

    ReplyDelete