Saturday, January 15, 2011

Show Some Emotion - Joan Armatrading


Released on 1977 this is Armatrading’s 4th album of a long list of 20! I can’t believe how much music this woman has pumped out. It has hits like Show Some Emotion, Kissin’ and A Huggin’ and the absolute classic Willow.

I saw Joan on the 20 November 2008 at The Festival Theatre. It was an interesting night to say the least. I love concerts at The Festival Theatre because it is set up so much better than The Entertainment Centre. Armatrading was the opening act for Bryan Ferry, which fascinated me as I think she is so much more than Ferry. I love Ferry but he is a bit of a one hit wonder.

Armatrading gave a brilliant performance but unfortunately I don’t think Adelaidians really know her music. This became very apparent when she sang one of her greatest hits “Willow” and tried to get the audience to sing the chorus. I think there were about 3 of us belting it out. She was extremely annoyed and at that point decided she had had enough. She sang “Drop the Pilot” and left the stage in a huff. Unfortunately I don’t think we will ever see her back in Adelaide L

No comments:

Post a Comment