Saturday, January 1, 2011

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits


My first album for the year is the one and only Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. This album was released in 1985 my final year of primary school and at the time they were my favorite group. I even had a vinyl copy of the Money for Nothing single.

At the time my favorite song would have had to be Walk of Life but listening to the album today there is no doubt my favorite is Why Worry.

It was easy to listen to this entire album without wanting to skip a track. It is definitely up there with my top 50.

I was lucky enough to see Dire Straits live at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre on the 26 November 1991. There were 10,499 other people there and at the time that was a record attendance for an indoor event. It was an amazing night Mark Knopfler did not disappoint with his legendary guitar work.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic album as are most of Dire Straits albums, certain tracks hold memories for me on this album. I Have never seen them live, and considering the number of gigs I have attended this is a bit of a mystery.

    ReplyDelete